Aquastars (7-12 years, 1 hour per week)
- Program designed to teach the “Fun”damental skills of Synchronized swimming.
- Classes are one hour long and run once a week from October to December (Fall Session) and from January to May (Winter Session).
- No previous Synchro experience required.
- Swimmers MUST be comfortable in deep water, able to swim 2 lengths of Front Crawl without assistance, be able to flutter kick, and able to tread water 20 seconds (City of Winnipeg Pool requirements must be met.)
- Swimmer must be comfortable going underwater. Coaches do not generally get in the water with swimmers.
- Swimmers may participate in 1-2 Water Shows. The Fall Session may include participation in the December Water Show (“Winter Splash”); the Winter Sessionmay include participation in the annual Winnipeg Synchro Water Show (usually held in May).
- Our Star Program can easily be adapted for athletes with disabilities (AWDs). Please contact us for more information.
- Winter Session ($305, $275 for returning Fall Session swimmers):
- Mondays, 6:00 – 7:00 pm (Jan 15 – April 30)
- Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:30 pm (Jan 16 – May 1)
- Tuesdays, 6:30 – 7:30 pm (Jan 16 – May 1)
- Thursdays, 6:30 – 7:30 pm (Jan 18 – May 3)
- Saturdays, 12:00 – 1:00 pm (Jan 20 – May 5)
- all classes at Pan Am Pool.
- NOTE: The above class times are subject to pool availability – our pool time may be cancelled by the City of Winnipeg on short notice due to pool foulings, etc. Whenever possible we will attempt to relocate or reschedule. Classes will be cancelled on the following days:
Monday Oct 9, Tuesday Oct 31, Saturday Nov 11, Monday Feb 19, Monday Mar 26, Tuesday Mar 27, Thursday Mar 29, Saturday Mar 31, Monday Apr 2
There may be additional cancellations at Pan Am if our pool time is cancelled due to a major swimming competition. Whenever possible we will attempt to relocate.